Search This Blog

Friday 11 March 2011

Frozen Bubble and Squeak Cakes

I recently ordered 'bubble and squeak' in a cafe, and was served up 'frozen bubble and squeak cakes', how incredibly lazy! I remember seeing them sold under the name Ross but that company has apparently been bought up and the only ones I can find available now are made by 'Aunt Bessie'.
Any self-respecting cafe should always have a pan of homemade 'bubble' on the go, as does 'Maria's' in Borough Market, I mean how hard is it? But unfortunately we come back to one of my previous arguments about London cafes nowadays, the majority of establishments seem now to be Turkish or Kurdish owned and the quality of the breakfasts served by the majority of them is atrocious, they tend to use the cheapest ingredients with no pride or thought given to taste or authenticity.
Bring back proper 'bubble and squeak'!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree have you tasted the sausages these foreign cafes serve they are un edible and as for fried bread they haven't a clue you get a half cooked soggy oil soaked piece of bread