Search This Blog

Friday 1 April 2011

Tricky word 'Librarian'!

Twice recently, for official reasons, I have been asked to give my occupation and on both occasions the person asking could not spell Librarian! thank god i'm not a Paediatric Physiotherapist!
I find this especially worrying as both were Police Officers!
If you look at the latest guidance on the eligibility to become a police constable, educational attainment and standards is not mentioned at all, in fact the Home Office Police Recruitment website states;
"there is no formal educational requirement, but you will have to pass written tests"
Now don't get me wrong I am not in any way suggesting that our 'majesty's finest' are educationally subnormal I am only expressing my concern about a possible drop in standards?


No comments: