Search This Blog

Saturday 29 November 2008

More 'Up the Holloway'!

In search of a quiet Saturday lunch-time feed I went to the Masterchef Cafe on the Holloway Road, a place I know well. The cafe was virtually empty, but within minutes of sitting down, ordering a mushroom omelette, chips and beans, 2 slice and a tea and contemplating the Guardian crossword, my relative peace and tranquility was shattered!

The waitress, a loud 50 something fellow Scot, yelled something to her daughter, who was sitting in the cafe with her two kids, who both started to scream.

Her daughter yelled something back and it continued! Then things took a turn for the worst, the daughters friend came walking in, she then started yelling and then her mobile phone rang and she started yelling in to that.

By this time I was truly rattled and trying to finish my lunch as quickly as possible, finally suffering from indigestion I escaped.

No comments: