Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Gone to 'Paradise'!


I awoke very early this morning, due to a mixture of a restless night with a hangover and the 'monsoon' that swept through London this morning, so I decided that I would have a 'fry up' in the 'Paradise Cafe' on Holloway Road before venturing to work.

I went for the 'Veggie Breakfast', hash browns, veggie sausage, egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, 2 toast and a tea, all for the measly sum of £3.95. I substituted the veggie sausage for another egg as I am not fond of the 'Dalepak' version on offer here. If you didn't know already, 'Dalepak' veggie sausages are an abomination, fingers of potato with diced carrot, peas and sweetcorn.

The eggs were cooked to perfection, firm whites and runny yolks; the hashbrowns golden and crispy, and the remaining items tasty and hot. I can't abide lukewarm baked beans!

Suddenly my hangover dissipated, the rain stopped and the sun broke through. All was well with the world!

No comments: